SCANNER TO FIND HIDDEN REBAR IN CONCRETE
Hilti PS 250 Ferroscan Detection System
Our Hilti PS 250 Ferroscan Detection System is designed to find and estimate the size of rebar in concrete structures, and estimate the depth of concrete cover.
It’s a non-destructive way to carry out a structural inspection.
It can measure large areas and long lines of walls, which is particularly useful for scanning concrete slabs, bridges and tunnels.
You can easily see real time 2D and 3D results on the Ferroscan’s high-resolution color tablet.
You can also save scan data and export it later to a laptop or computer using our Hilti PROFIS Detection and Ferroscan Map Software - for further analysis, printing reports, archiving data and integrating scan data into other CAD software applications.
Our Hilti PS 250 Ferroscan Detection System is a non-destructive method to check what’s in structures before you drill, core, saw or cut. This helps to avoid hitting pipes, key metal structures or live wires.
KEY FEATURES OF THE PS 250 FERROSCAN
- Scans large areas of concrete quickly and easily – up to 45 x 45 meters.
- Finds rebar and estimates rebar size.
- Provides accurate depth of cover measurements for rebar up to a depth of 10cm.
- Records scan data over lengths of up to 30 meters.
- Displays a clear 2D and 3D image on the high-resolution tablet PSA 200, for an on-the-spot analysis and mark up of the jobsite.
- Used with our Hilti PROFIS software it can evaluate a large volume of scans at the same time.
- Records voice notes on the jobsite, to help a more detailed analysis of the scan data on a laptop or computer.
- Combines with our Hilti PROFIS Detection and Ferroscan Map software for more detailed analysis of your scan data, to print reports, archive scan data and integrate with other CAD software applications.
WHAT ARE TYPICAL APPLICATIONS FOR THE PS 250 FERROSCAN
- Rebar detection and analysis for acceptance inspections, changes of building use or rebar connections.
- Concrete coverage assessment over large areas, for structural repair, acceptance tests and quality control.
- Prevent hitting rebar during a build, avoiding potentially costly and time consuming repairs.
DIFFERENT SCANNING MODES
Imagescan – locate rebar, estimate rebar size and concrete cover
Use the Imagescan mode to find the location and size of rebar and the depth of concrete cover up to 10cm – helping to asses load bearing capacity and prevent structural damage to steel reinforcement.
Blockscan – estimate rebar layout
Blockscan provides an overview of the rebar layout over an area up to a maximum of 180cm x 180cm. Like Imagescan, it also finds the location and size of rebar and the depth of concrete cover.
Quickscan – scan long areas in single pass
Quickscan scans up to 30 meters in length in a single continuous pass, recording the depth of concrete cover over the uppermost reinforcement layer. This data is particularly useful for bridges and tunnels, where the minimum depth of concrete cover is critical and data is required for quality control documentation.
REQUEST A FREE ONSITE DEMONSTRATION
Contact your local Hilti team to request a free demonstration or find out more information. We’re happy to help onsite, online and on the phone.
ASK AN ENGINEER
Do you have a technical question? Don’t hesitate to contact us.