YOUR 3 DAY OR FREE REPAIR SERVICE FOR HILTI TOOLS
Simply unique in South Africa!
When you buy a Hilti tool, you get more than just a tool. You also get the super-fast Hilti tool repair service.
At Hilti, we’ll repair your Hilti tool within 3 days or repair it free of charge. As part of the service we’ll clean it for you too! We’ll even pick it up at your jobsite and return it to you onsite as well. Just contact us by phone or online and we’ll do the rest. Every Hilti tool is registered, so there’s no proof of purchase required.
*Terms and conditions apply
WHAT IS YOUR 3 DAY HILTI TOOL REPAIR OFFER?
Super fast. Pleasantly predictable. Incredibly simple.
HOW SOON CAN I GET MY TOOL REPAIRED
Unique speed - 3-day repair or Free*
- Tried and true repair process: 1 day to collect Hilti tool, 1 day to repair it and 1 day to deliver it
- 3-days starts the day after the receipt of approval for the repair. If it takes longer than 3 business days, your repair is free of charge
- Smooth, on-site pick-up and delivery, thanks to our strong partnerships with trusted carriers
- Only the best will do: repairs are done by highly skilled, trained and certified Hilti technicians
- Exclusive use of genuine Hilti spare parts.
WHAT WILL BE THE COST OF THE REPAIR OF MY TOOL
Unique Warranty - 2 Years** Free Repair
- In the event of a breakdown, we repair your Hilti tool free of charge for 2 years** after the date of purchase (including wear and tear).
- After the 2 years warranty period, take advantage of our repair packages with a capped amount After any out-of-warranty repair (package or quote), benefit from an additional 3 month no cost coverage on the tool.
- Manufacturer's warranty: 20 years warranty against parts and manufacturer irregularities as long as we service the tool.
HOW DO YOUR REPAIRS ENABLE YOU TO SAVE TIME
Unique simplicity - 1 click or call for support
- No registration of your tools or proof of purchase is ever required
- Contact us on 0800023331 or via our website
- Tracking the status of the repair on our website. Simplicity - 1 click or call for support.
REQUEST YOUR REPAIR ONLINE
CONDITIONS FOR REIMBURSEMENT *:
*Unique Speed. 3 or Free
- 3-days or free is applicable for Johannesburg, Pretoria and Durban in metropolitan areas
- All other metropolitan areas in South Africa will be 5-days or free since transportation takes longer (Cape Town & Bloemfontein outlying areas and outskirt deliveries not included in any time promise).
- Heavy Diamond tools (wall saws, wire saws), high-end concrete detection tools are not included.
- Weekend and public holidays are not included.
- Customer delays not included (no phone answer, nobody to receive tool etc.)
- More than 10 tool repair approvals at once not included (Bulk repairs)
- Customers whose credit is blocked due to finance issues are not included.
- Force Majeure events not included.
**2 years NO COST.
Hilti Tool Service Terms and Conditions
1. Hilti Tool Service
If a defect occurs with a Hilti tool, Hilti will take care of it quickly, professionally and completely free of charge for up to 2 years from the date of purchase.
After that we continue to prove the quality of our products by putting a limit on what a repair can cost – for the lifetime of the tool – that is the entire estimated lifecycle of a Hilti tool.
We even provide you a 20 years manufacturer’s warranty against manufacturing defects. That’s not just reassuring to know, it’s unique in this field.
2. Speed promise
We will return your tool in three working days or the repair is free. Any repairs which are returned to you after three days will be free of charge.
To qualify for the speed promise, tool repair orders must be notified to Hilti via Customer Services or online between the hours of [8 am-4 pm] and the tools must be ready for prompt collection. Tools left at a Hilti Store will be collected the following working day. Day 1 of the speed promise is the day the tool is collected for straight repairs and if customer needs a quotation, then Day 1 starts from the moment we received purchase order and proof of payment.
All tools must be returned to Hilti individually, to enable individual tracking per tool and serial number. The speed promise does not apply to tools which are packaged and returned to Hilti together, unless Hilti is notified at the time of the order that the tools will be shipped together in one box.
3. No repair costs for up to 2 years!
For up to an initial two-year period, starting from the date the tool was originally purchased from Hilti, all repairs will be provided to the customer free of charge.
- Pick-up and transportation costs
- Labor costs
- Faulty parts and parts subject to wear and tear
- Servicing when indicated by the service indicator on the tool
- Functional check, adjustment and safety check
- Return transportation
For Premium Angle grinders, tools with NiCad/NiMH battery technology the no-cost period is 1 year.
Petrol-powered cut-off saws & UD 4 there are excluded from no-cost period.
The Basic Tool Offering consists of a carefully selected tool pool designed to address most straightforward applications. With this offering, the aim is to provide customers with a basic but differentiated tool service experience.
Basic Tool offering includes Hilti's entry level tools such as: TE 1, TE 50, TE 60, TE 800, DX 2, SF 2, AG family, DSH 700/900
Features of the Basic Tool Offering include:
- More competitive tool purchase price in relation to the market.
- 10-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- First repair will be free of charge within the first year of purchase.
- 3-month repair warranty after paid repair.
- Repair costs in line with market prices.
4. Repair cost limit
- After the expiration of the initial no-cost period, Hilti sets a repair cost limit for the entire life of the tool.
- For repairs requested by the customer outside of the initial no-cost period, the customer will be charged at maximum 30% of the standard selling price of the corresponding new tool. If the cost of the repair remains below this limit, you only pay the actual cost.
- For 3 months after every functional repair you pay for, you benefit from the same free-of-charge service as with a new tool (repair extension).
- The repair cost limit applies for the lifetime of the tool, provided all repairs are carried out by Hilti.
5. Manufacturer’s warranty
Hilti will repair or replace, free of charge in 20 years after purchase, all tools that suffer defects as a result of:
- Faulty materials
- Manufacturing faults
- As long as the tool has been serviced by Hilti according to manufacturer’s guidelines.
General Terms and Conditions apply.
6. General and exclusions
All accessories are excluded. Pistons and buffers in direct fastening tools and filters for vacuum cleaners and gas saws are not covered by Hilti Tool Service. Repair or replacement cost of these items shall be at the customers’ expense.
The start date of all warranties is the delivery date of the tool to the customer from Hilti.
Some tools are excluded from the Hilti Tool Services coverage described above, including:
1. Tools which are not used for their intended purpose, in strict compliance with the operating instructions and other instructions issued by Hilti.
2. The repair cost limit and 3-month repair extension do not apply to batteries and chargers. Batteries and chargers will be exchanged rather than repaired within the no cost period for up to two years.
Exclusions apply to the speed promise, including the following:
- High end detection tools, Heavy diamond tools (DS tools and wall saws)
- Special equipment / non-standard list items and phased out tools
- All accessories and consumable ( like diamond core bits)
- Self-repair tools like UD4 & AG115-D & AG115-S
- Tools repairs which need specific clarification from the customer to complete the repair
- Tools which have been returned to Hilti for a repair quote request, time starts after receiving PO & PP
- Deliveries which are denied, refused or rescheduled by the customer
- Notifications with different collection and delivery addresses.
- Tools which are shipped as dangerous goods
- Repairs collected from the customer by a third party not instructed by Hilti authorized carrier
- Any tools which have not been sold by Hilti South Africa.
- All metropolitan areas in Johannesburg, Pretoria and Durban is applicable for 3 Days or Free, all other metropolitan areas are valid for 5 days or free. Outlying areas in Cape Town & Bloemfontein and other outskirt areas are not included in any time promise.
- Items which never received a serial number from Hilti
- Customers whose credit is blocked due to finance issues are not included.
- Bulk deliveries or approvals; over 10 tools from one customer at a time
- Pallet pick-ups
- Days when Hilti Tool Service Centre is not operational due to holidays or other special occasions
- Deliveries which are delayed by a Force Majeure event
Hilti standard Terms and Conditions of Sale apply.