FIRESTOPPING A LOCAL HOSPITAL, CATANIA ITALY
Hilti’s wide range of firestop solutions for complex jobsite challenges
New firestopping was needed during the construction of a new engineering plant and extension at Catania General Hospital, in Italy.
Hospital installations are often very complicated and Catania was no different. Complex bundles of steel service pipes were running throughout the new build and these needed to be made firestopped.
OUR HILTI SOLUTION
At Hilti we offer a wide range of firestop products to find solutions for many shapes and sizes of openings and joints.
This made our Hilti products a great solution for Catania’s hospital build. The engineering company, Angelo Russello SpA, chose a variety of Hilti products for the project:
- For larger openings and electric cable channels – Hilti CFS-CT B boards
- For smaller openings, small discharge pipes and electric cable channels – Hilti CFS-F FX Flexible firestop foam
- For corrugated materials in smaller openings – Hilti CFS-IS Firestop intumescent sealant
- For temporary seals for electric cable channels – Hilti CFS-CU Firestop cushions
- For very wide joints – Hilti CFS-SP WB Firestop joint spray
Our Hilti CFS-B Firestop bandages and Hilti CFS-S ACR acrylic sealant were also used.
PRODUCTS SPECIFIED FOR THIS SOLUTION
Share this content